Good morning everyone,
From my last post, I encouraged all to live life NOW and my dear Megalicious readers that's what I have been doing. So sorry for my absence but guess what? Life, especially at Christmas time, has been sweet to rahtid! Today, I would like to share Top-4 last minute gifts under J$1,300.00 that I hope you will find to be unique for everyone on your holiday list.
1. NUVO: L'Esprit De Paris
Thanks to a lovely friend I got my first bottle of the world's first sparkling liqueur, NUVO. With 15% alcohol, this pink L'Esprit de Paris is Diageo's newest addition in Jamaica and has been creating 'waves' with its elegant and uniquely-shaped bottle.
Yes my dear Megalicious fans, Red Stripe has gone pink and we love, love it! NUVO is made with premium French vodka and sparkling white wine, infused with passion fruit nectar. There are many ways to use this liqueur in cooking, enjoying with dessert (see #2 below) or as a cocktail including a NUVO cosmopolitan. In the interest of time, here's an easy 1-2-3 tip. Serve NUVO chilled in a champagne flute. Welcome your friends to your home this Christmas with a glass of NUVO cocktail. Here's how. Dip the rim of your empty champagne flute in a mixture of passion fruit juice with granulated sugar then refrigerate for 15min. The tartness from the passion fruit will complement the sweet from the sugar, smashingly. Pour NUVO in your rimmed champagne flute and 'tad-dah' you will be seen as the 'Hostest' with the 'mostest.'
It's a perfect gift to joie de vivre this holiday season and beyond. Please do drink responsibly. Price: J$1,200.00
For delivery w/ gift wrapping up to Midnight on Christmas Eve, place your order here.
2. Jamaican Christmas Cakes (1lb)
|1-lb Christmas cake, 2011 calendar and NUVO|
During Christmas holidays, Jamaicans typically serve Christmas cake or pudding to everyone who visits their home. The latter (Christmas pudding) is more moist and stemmed from the English influence. Both are very good and will be sure to keep you in good favor among visitors and family alike. By the way, this dessert is made with spices and mixed candied fruit that has been soaked in rum and or wine. Many persons do so even one-year in advance. Now that's my secret to Jamaicans being really festive. No problem, man :-). The most popular brand of wine for Jamaican Christmas cake is Red Label. There are many recipes but there are cakes and then there are cakes. Bakers, like MyEliteGrocer.com are confident about their baked Christmas product, and are happy to provide a sample. Just ask. Price: J$850.00 per lb. For 1-lb Megalicious Christmas cakes, place your orders here
p.s To break away from the proverbial serving of Christmas cake with sorrel, this season we suggest a winning combo with NUVO sparkling liqueur (see #1).
3. Jamaican Playing Cards with Trivia Questions
As a die-hard, kalooki card player I am happy to introduce the first set of Jamaican trivia playing cards ever. This innovative idea comes from none other than Miss Empress Mullings.
|Innovative, Jamaican Playing Cards|
4. 2011 Calendar: In Honor of our Daily Heroes
|Front cover of JMDailyHeroes calendar|
This historic, ONE-OF-A-KIND calendar reveals the faces of unsung, JM Daily Heroes: The Firefighters & the Police who protect, serve and reassure and save lives and property in Jamaica, the island nation of world class athletes, entertainers, beauty queens and dynamic citizens of Jamaica.
Each calendar comes with a FREE* yellow, 'Daily Hero' awareness ribbon to honor the daily hero in your life. Cool huh? *while stock lasts
The 11x 17 calendar features 12-pages of brilliant photography by 3-talented Jamaicans - Fern Elise of LiveStush.com, Shanti Persaud (whose work has been included in the 2010 National Biennial now open at the National Gallery in Kingston) and Stuart Reeves (former teacher turned photographer who interestingly taught the Commissioner of Police).
Reasons to support:
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
- Contribution: J$500 (in JA) and US$9.95 (Outside of Jamaica)
- Part proceeds are in aid of a COOL scholarship fund for a slain cop's 10y.o son PLUS the Fire fighter's Homework program for children
- COMING SOON - Calendar distribution locations in S. Florida, New York, Wolverhampton, Toronto and more
- Help to promote positive images of Jamaican daily heroes. Did you know that 95% of good done by the Jamaican Police force and the Fire Brigade go unreported and do not make front page news?
- Indelible keepsake to re-inculcate pride in appearance. Remember the days of cleaning school shoes on a Sunday evening for the week ahead? Make your purchase and check out the calendar month of June 2011.
- Public holidays in Jamaica,U.S.A, Canada and in the U.K are noted
- Must do Jamaican events are highlighted
- Save-the-date for Pre-London 2012 Olympic promotional events by Jamaica in the U.K
- 12 COOL days & 12 chances to win a COOL gift island-wide in 2011
- Sponsors message to the world from Bob Marley Museum, JAMPRO, National Commercial Bank, G. Gibson's Petroleum, Scotiabank and more
- 100% ORGANIC LOVE
Reserve your copy at the following locations. (Delivery on Dec 30th)
- Kingston, St. Andrew - CopyCat, Loshusan's Barbican Center
- May Pen, Clarendon - G. Gibson's Petroleum, 4A Morris Blvd (beside the May Pen Ice Factory)
- Island-wide: Jamaica Post
- Island-wide: Cool Oasis gas stations
- New York: Jampact
- Florida: Global Courier Services
For more information, please join the Facebook fan page for exciting giveaways* from Dolphin Cove, Diageo's Smirnoff Vodka, GoldenKrustBakery, Medusa's Bar & Grill, Jablum Coffee and many more. Connect also on Twitter @JMDailyHeroes * while stock lasts
So there you have it ladies and gentlemen our Top-4 last minute Gifts under J$1,300.00.
EXCITING NEWSWe leave you with exciting news.
- Jamaica Blog Awards. Our blog has been nominated in the best FOOD BLOG category for the 2010 Jamaica Blog Awards. Please click here to vote for MyEliteGrocer. Everyone is allowed to vote very 24Hrs so please do. Voting ends on Jan 3rd, 2011 and the winner will be announced at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel on Jan 16th, 2011
- Live Your Plan A: Unleash Your Career Dreams. Also, we have a special announcement about an awesome event, called Live Your Plan A: Unleash Your Career Dreams, that will be held on Tuesday, Dec 28th. Please check in with us tomorrow, Dec 24th starting at 8:30am to learn more about this PRANA Lifestyle and Caribbean Fortress Ltd initiative. This may be the best gift to yourself!
- Megaliciously yours